A great beginning into the Easter weekend. Light and fluffy, these flower cupcakes can’t get any better. A simple recipe for you and your kids, Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream and can be decorated any way you choose.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 F and line 18 muffin cups with paper.
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
2. In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
3. With an electric mixer, alternately mix in flour and milk, in three additions beginning and ending with flour. Scrap the sides of the bowl.
4. Fill the muffin pans about 2/3 and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean. Time varies on the temperature of your oven. Remove and let completely cool and then frost.
4 cups confectioners sugar or icing sugar, sifted
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 tblsp milk, cream or lemon juice
2 tsp meringue powder (optional)
Assorted Food coloring (optional)
1. With electric mixer, cream butter until well smooth. Add vanilla extract. On low speed, gradually beat in sugar. Scrap down sides of bowl. Add milk or liquid and beat on high speen until frosting is light and fluffy (About 4 minutes). Add more liquid or sugar if need to get the right consistancy of your choice. Tint the frosting with desired food coloring. Preferably pasted food coloring.