After visiting a great restaurant called “Little Havana” on 12727 Biscayne Blvd in North Miami, Fl and trying their Tres Leche I was inspired to recreate such a light sweet dessert. When I was younger I attended a birthday party and the only cake they had was this tres leche cake and at that time I just thought something must have went wrong. Maybe someone spilled milk or water on the cake. It was horrible! But I guess with age, your palette matures over time. Over the weekend I made a quick and easy Tres Leche cake with Pillsbury White Cake mix, Condensed milk, Whole milk, Whip cream and I tossed in some roasted pecans (my personal touch). So here’s the recipe to make this quick and easy Three Milk Cake.
1 pkg Pillsbury White Cake Mix
1 cup (14 oz) Condensed milk
1 cup Whole milk
1 cup Whipping cream
2 tsp Vanilla
1 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Follow cake mix directions- (beating cake mix, oil, water, eggs and vanilla with electric beater on medium speed, scraping sides of bowl. Pour into pan.
3. Bake for 30 or 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes, then poke top of warm cake with a long-tined fork.
4. In a large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, and whipping cream. Carefully pouring evenly over top of cake. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour or until all milk is absorbed. Frost and enjoy!
Whip Cream Frosting;
1 cup Heavy whipping cream
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
whole cherries (optional)
1. In a large bowl, beat whip cream on low speed adding a tablespoon of sugar at a time until light peaks start to form, add vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. (Make sure not to over beat)
2. Spread over completely cooled cake.